EU Visa Procedure
Visa assistance for foreign students of Flying Academy in Europe
A Schengen (short-term) visa for stay up to 90 days issued by a diplomatic mission of the Czech Republic allows its holder to stay in the territory of the Czech Republic/Schengen area for the period indicated in the visa.
According to a “90/180 rule”, a foreigner can stay in the Czech Republic/Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days within any 180 days. After a 90-day stay, it is necessary to travel out of the Czech Republic/Schengen area.
A long-term visa for staying over 90 days is issued by a diplomatic mission of the Czech Republic allowing its holder to stay in the territory of the Czech Republic for the period indicated in the visa.
How can I get a European Visa?
If you need a visa to enter the Czech Republic, please let us know.
To apply for a short-term or a long-term visa at the Embassy of the Czech Republic, you will need a letter of confirmation for your training, confirmation of accommodation, and invitation letter approved by the foreign police of the Czech Republic or issued by Flying Academy that we can arrange for you.
In order to provide the above-mentioned documents, please, send us:
- Deposit payment for your tuition*
- Full name, date of birth and place of birth
- Copy of your passport
- Mailing address to which we can send you the documents
- Desired starting date of your training
*The deposit on your tuition has to be at least 7000 EUR or 7500 USD. The deposit should be transferred to the bank account of Flying Academy or can be paid in cash at any of our branches.
After your arrival, it will be used for your training.
The deposit serves as proof of sufficient funds for the course, and to cover the expenses on courier services used to send you the documents for the visa application. You need to have sufficient funds to pay for your course. In many cases, we are contacted by the government officials and asked to confirm your admission to the school.
The moment we receive the deposit, we will prepare the documents and send them by a courier (DHL or UPS) to you. Please, note that it may take up to 3 weeks to prepare the documents.
You should call the Embassy of the Czech Republic in the meantime and schedule your appointment for the visa application.
Once you receive the documents from Flying Academy, you will submit them at the Embassy of the Czech Republic with your visa application form and other documents you may be requested to submit.
What do I need to submit for the visa application?
- Complex health insurance for foreigners for the length of your stay in the Czech Republic – Flying Academy will help you set it up.
- Return flight ticket,
- Confirmation of your financial security for the period of the stay in the Czech Republic (bank statement),
- Current pilot licenses,
- Confirmation / invitation letter from Flying Academy,
- Confirmation of accommodation.
The Embassy of the Czech Republic may require other documents. Please, contact the Embassy of the Czech Republic directly for the list of requirements. When the Embassy of the Czech Republic collects all the documents from you, the visa processing can start.
Please note that the issuance of short-term visa takes approximately two weeks; The short-term visa is valid for up to 90 days. The issuance of long-term visa can take up to 3 months.
- For visa assistance, we will subtract 250 EUR from the deposit.
- If your visa application is DENIED, and you would request to receive the deposit money back, we will process your request provided you send us an official visa denial statement of the embassy/consulate.
In such case, we will transfer the money back to your account, except 400 EUR for administration.
How to apply?
There are 5 steps in the process of enrolling in the flight training program at Flying Academy Europe:
- Complete the online application. We will send you a confirmation of your acceptance once we have processed your application.
- Once you receive the confirmation that you are accepted for admission, you will need to proceed with a deposit payment on your tuition in the amount of at least 7000 EUR or 7500 USD. The deposit should be transferred to the bank account of Flying Academy and will be used towards your training at Flying Academy.
- After receiving the deposit payment, the Visa support documentation will be prepared and sent to you within 14 working days.
- Make an appointment with the Czech Embassy in your country to complete the visa application process. Make sure you have all the required documentation with you at the interview at the Czech Embassy.
- Once you receive the answer from the Czech Embassy, contact Flying Academy in order to arrange your scheduling and accommodation reservation.
Accommodation in the Czech Republic
Flying Academy can arrange short-term or long-term accommodation for you.
Our consultants will assist in finding you your own flat or a room to rent with other students to keep the costs as lowest as possible.
For any other details, please, feel free to contact us.
European Visa extension
During your stay in the Czech Republic, you will need to visit a local foreign police office, and we will provide support in the following cases:
Within 3 days after your arrival, you need to register at the foreign police. First prolongation of your visa (approximately 5 months after arrival) includes:
- First appointment to apply for prolongation,
- Second appointment at the biometry department (photo, fingerprints),
- Third appointment to pick up the extended visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to get a Visa, the applicants must demonstrate that they meet visa requirements including:
- Live in a residence abroad, with no immediate intention of abandoning that residence,
- Intend to depart from the Czech Republic upon completion of the course of study,
- Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study.
- Application for a Schengen (short-term) visa can be filed within 3 months of the planned trip. Applications are in most cases reviewed within 7-15 days. In individual cases, the review period can be extended up to 30 days and in exceptional cases up to 60 days.
- Applications for a Schengen (long-term) visa in most cases reviewed within 1-3 months. In individual cases the review might take up to 6 months.
The deposit serves as a proof of sufficient funds for the course, and to cover the expenses on courier services used to send you the documents for the visa application. You need to have sufficient funds to pay for your course. In many cases, we are contacted by the government officials and asked to confirm your admission to the school.
Yes. Students are responsible for obtaining health insurance. Flying Academy will assist you in obtaining it.
Yes, we can create an individual training schedule. The type of Visa required in this case shall be discussed with your Personal Flight Training Consultant.