FAA IFR with Conversion to EASA IR
Looking to get your EASA Instrument Rating in the easiest possible way?
Simplify Your EASA Instrument Rating Journey with IFR Flight Training in the USA! Transition from FAA to EASA Regulations with Effortless IFR Conversion Process.
Who Should Enroll?
- For pilots concerned about their budget – Flying in the United States saves you money during training as there are no landing and communication fees, and lower aircraft rates when compared to Europe.
- For pilots concerned about their time – the theoretical training is conducted through live online classes that help you to start immediately!
- For pilots who wish to obtain their EASA Instrument Rating, but want to get the benefit of completing the majority of their training in Florida or California.
- At the end of the course, you will be both EASA and FAA license holders, expanding your career opportunities!
FAA Instrument rating – IFR(A) is a qualification that extends the privileges of PPL(A) and allows a pilot to fly according to Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) with a minimum decision height for a landing of 200 feet. Once you complete your Instrument Rating training, you will get your IR/SE(A) qualification added to your FAA Private Pilot License – PPL(A). You will further have the option of time-building IFR to fulfill further requirements for a smooth conversion process from FAA IFR to EASA IR.
With the addition of this rating, excel and extend your journey in Aviation to fly through cloudy skies in both USA and Europe!
- You will achieve both FAA and EASA Licenses.
- Get your complete theoretical courses online to maximize your time and save money.
- Best weather all year round in Florida and Los Angeles for more flying hours and faster progress through the training.
- Gain more experience in various busy airspaces.
- Best infrastructure with no landing fees, and no communication fees in the USA.
- Tower airports, paved runways, and instrument lights.
- Incredible prices on aircraft rentals and an extensive fleet.
- Experienced international flight instructors.
- Constant support throughout the course of your training in both the USA and Europe.
- Tailored specifically to simplify the conversion process to EASA.
- Extensive VISA support and accommodation facilities.
Steps To Earn Your Instrument Rating
Meet Minimum Requirements
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Must be an EASA or FAA PPL Holder. (In the case of an EASA license holder, please follow this process, additionally, you will undergo 3 examinations under FAA PPL).
- Must have a valid class 2 or 3 medical certificate.
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently.
Complete Ground Training
You will have a variety of topics and subjects to cover under FAA IFR before you start your flight training. With the help of our LIVE online theoretical classes, you can complete the ground training from wherever you are with no delay!
- 30 hours of live online theory.
- 3 stages of theoretical training.
- 1 final examination at an FAA-approved testing center (in-house), with at least 70% to successfully pass prior to check-ride.
Complete Flight Training
Train with qualified, experienced, and certified pilot instructors. Meet the minimum required flight hours by the FAA, where you will learn how to fly under various conditions, solo flights, and cross-country flight training.
- 40 flight hours under Part 141.
- Oral preparation and examination.
- Briefing and Debriefing.
- Final check ride.
- 50 hours IFR Time Building (optional) – recommended.
You will come to Europe and begin your conversion process from FAA IFR to EASA IR. There are a few requirements to meet to easily convert your rating.
- Must obtain an ICAO English certificate.
- Radiotelephony (RT) card.
- Must have a valid class 2 medical certificate with an audiogram.
- 2 hours Familiarization Flight
If you did not do IFR Time Building (50 hours) under FAA, you will further need:
- Acclimatization Flights
- 3 written examinations
Once you enroll and begin your remote theoretical training, our dedicated team of flight training consultants will assist you in the visa procedure for your flight training in the United States.
You have the unique opportunity to complete your entire theoretical training from the comfort of your home, with our LIVE online classes. Afterward, you shall come to the school to carry out the flight training portion of your course.
This organization of training will decrease the costs of the training, providing you with high-quality theoretical training following the current trends, while allowing you to save on the living costs. Our virtual classroom is set up with the latest technological advancements to ensure a prime level of learning. Students can attend lectures, go through the reading materials, complete assignments, and fulfill their theoretical requirements.
Flight Training Aircraft Options
Cessna 172 Classic
Cessna 172 G1000
Whether you have moved to the United States to fulfill your pilot training or to build your required flight hours, Flying Academy offers accommodation provisions.
- Our accommodation services cater to both local and international students.
- We offer comfortable and affordable housing options for our students.
- Our accommodation services provide a home away from home for international students.
- Our priority is to ensure that students have a safe and welcoming place to stay.
- We understand the unique needs of international students and provide tailored accommodation services to meet them.